Galapagos - Central, South & East Islands
Galapagos - Central, South & East Islands aboard Monserrat
A ten day itinerary cruising what many consider the best of the Galapagos Islands with lots of daily activities providing every opportunity to get close up to amazing wildlife, either during the many landings or by snorkelling in the clear Pacific waters. Including flights from and to Quito, this is a super, in-depth, Galapagos experience. Please Note - This Itinerary books out quickly and space is limited
Namibia Birding and Photography GuideAn accomplished and experienced Namibia birding and photographic guide, Toni holds a Namibia Academy for Tourism and Hospitality Level 3 qualification (the highest level attainable in Namibia) and is widely renowned for her extensive knowledge of the cultures, ornithology, flora, astronomy and wildlife of the country. Read more >
Falklands Expert & GuideBorn in Chartres in the West Falklands, Jenny grew up on the family farm where her love for animals was nurtured by the25,000 sheep, horses and cows that lived alongside her. Forever a nature, conservation and wildlife enthusiast Jenny has travelled extensively throughout the Falkland Islands, visiting each and every wildlife island at least once, and even travelling around some by yacht. Read more >
Featuring a spacious top deck with a bar, a large sundeck and a comfortable dining room and lounge area for briefings and relaxing, the Monserrat’s common spaces are as roomy as her cabins. 6 upper deck and 4 lower deck cabins with twin or queen beds
- 2 nights hotel in Quito
- 7 nts in the Galápagos Islands aboard the Monserrat
- Flights to and from the Galápagos Islands
- 2 Certified Galápagos National Park Service guides
- All landings, excursions, and transportation
- Snorkelling equipment
- Visit to a wildlife interpretation centre
ITINERARY9 Nights 10 Days
- Day 1 | Quito
- Day 2 | San Cristobel
- Day 3 | Cerro Brujo & Kicker Rock
- Day 4 | Espanola
- Day 5 | Floreana
- Day 6 | Santa Cruz
- Day 7 | Santiago & Bartolome
- Day 8 | Las Bachas & Cerro Dragon
- Day 9 | Black Turtle Cove & Quito
- Day 10 | Quito
Arrive at any time.
Meet fellow travellers this evening at trip briefing.
Explore the capital of the Galápagos, Puerto Baquerizo Moreno. Spend the afternoon at the Interpretation Centre, a tortoise breeding centre, and visit a colony of sea lions at a nearby beach.
Cerro Brujo & Kicker Rock
Starting on the north coast of San Cristóbal, land at Cerro Brujo to observe the sea lions, marine iguanas, and seabirds along the beach. Continue to the dramatic Kicker Rock in the afternoon to witness the steep vertical stone walls rising from the ocean and the marine life below.
Enjoy the day on Española Island, one of the oldest in the archipelago. Visit the white sandy beach of Bahía Gardner and the bird colonies of Punta Suárez.
Arriving at Bahía Gardner in the morning, spend the day exploring on shore and snorkelling at Isla Gardner in the bay. After lunch, sail to the western side of the islands to Punta Suárez, known for its amazing bird colonies and home to the waved albatross (April and December).
Land at Punta Cormorant on Floreana. Guided walks to observe the bird and wildlife and learn about the natural history. Visit Post Office Bay. Snorkelling excursion at the Corona del Diablo.
Spend the day exploring the island of Santa Cruz. Visit the Fasto Illerena Breeding Centre and take an afternoon excursion to the highlands to see giant tortoises in the wild and learn about the volcanic formations of the islands.
Santiago & Bartolome
Visit Sullivan Bay on Santiago Island to see giant lava formations contrasting the white-coral sand beach. Continue to Bartolomé for a guided tour to see the dramatic volcanic features before walking to a panoramic viewpoint.
Las Bachas & Cerro Dragon
Visit Bachas Beach in the morning, located on the northeastern tip of Santa Cruz Island. A great beach to stroll on with crystalline waters perfect for swimming, Bachas Beach also gives visitors the opportunity to see frigatebirds, blue-footed boobies, and sea lions.
In the afternoon, visit Cerro Dragón, on the west coast of Santa Cruz Island. See land iguanas as well as a saltwater lagoon frequented by flamingos and various species of birds.
Black Turtle Cove & Quito
Take a morning panga ride and look for marine life in Black Turtle Cove. Disembark at Baltra and fly back to Quito.
Day free for onward travel or returning home
What Our Customers
• Although we thoroughly enjoyed the Galapagos it was mainland Ecuador which really took us by surprise with such a diversity of landscape and wildlife and incredible hospitality everywhere we went. Our local guides were so knowledgeable and helpful and our driver Manuel had a terrific sense of humour. We had some fantastic birding at both Mashpi, Le Selva and of course our day trip to Paz de Las Aves Reserve where we were lucky enough to see both the ‘Cock of the Rock’ and the giant antipitta. The devil nose train journey was as thrilling as we hoped and we even got lucky with Cotopaxi and got some lovely clear photos so all in all couldn't ask for more.
• This was an excellent trip from start to finish. Bellavista Lodge was a particular favourite of ours, so tranquil and a superb base to watch birds and wildlife while experiencing real Ecuadorian hospitality. Our guide, really knew his stuff and was so passionate about his job ,in fact all the local guides were excellent. I have to say a special word about Juan, our driver, who was so charming and funny, he really added to the overall enjoyment of the trip. The number and variety of birds we saw was amazing and I would have no hesitation in recommending Ecuador to other keen bird watchers.
Fantastic holiday with more wildlife than I was expecting. The Napo Wildlife Centre was wonderful, we were looked after with such care and attention and our guides’ knowledge of the areas’ and flora and fauna was outstanding, what they didn’t know probably wasn’t worth knowing. The food was so varied and they coped amazingly with my food intolerances, better than most European restaurants!!! Waking up to the sound of the howler monkeys will always live with me as will seeing my first Kinkajou, something I’ve wanted to see for a long time. Thank you for an amazing two weeks.
We had an amazing time in the Galapagos, thank you.We really enjoyed ourselves and will certainly come back to you next year.
How WILDFOOT creates your holiday Adventure
Talk to someone who knows. Our specialist consultants are here to help you every step of the way – here’s how..
Talk to a specialist
Visit the wildfoot website for inspiration on your choice of adventures and destinations, then call us and speak to one of our specialists for first hand advice. We can start the planning process straight away, if you are ready.
Create your personal
Your specialist consultant will set the ball rolling and work with you to choose the right itinerary (and the right ship, if you are going to the arctic or antarctic) just for you, to suit your requirements and budget.
Help right up
We will answer any questions about your trip that may arise and, when you have paid your balance (12-15 weeks prior to departure), we will send you your detailed itinerary and go through it with you.
We are still there for you even when you have left home – our partners overseas are there to assist, especially for emergencies and you can contact us at any time in the uk by e-mail or telephone.