Live Aboard Diving Cruise to the Galapagos
Live Aboard Diving Cruise to the Galapagos aboard Galapagos Sky
This live aboard diving cruise to the Galapagos is a seven night cruise. This is an advanced diving trip due to the presence of strong currents, cold water and at times limited visibility. You will venture to the rarely visited Wolf and Darwin Islands on this trip, arguably the best diving in the world! Diving the central islands on your Galapagos cruise you will witness the wonderful diversity of Galapagos diving.
Namibia Birding and Photography GuideAn accomplished and experienced Namibia birding and photographic guide, Toni holds a Namibia Academy for Tourism and Hospitality Level 3 qualification (the highest level attainable in Namibia) and is widely renowned for her extensive knowledge of the cultures, ornithology, flora, astronomy and wildlife of the country. Read more >
Falklands Expert & GuideBorn in Chartres in the West Falklands, Jenny grew up on the family farm where her love for animals was nurtured by the25,000 sheep, horses and cows that lived alongside her. Forever a nature, conservation and wildlife enthusiast Jenny has travelled extensively throughout the Falkland Islands, visiting each and every wildlife island at least once, and even travelling around some by yacht. Read more >
From May to November you will encounter whale sharks, as well as numerous other species of whale.
- December to April,. Large Mantas, schools of mobula rays, cow nosed rays, spotted eagle rays and marble rays are frequent visitors.
- Darwin and Wolf islands are located 14 hours sailing north of the main island group.
- Schools of hammerheads, dolphins and rays make these islands a highlight for many divers visiting the Galapagos.
Cabin accommodation, all meals, snacks, beverages (including Beer and Wine with Dinner)
- Air or nitrox filled tanks, weights, weight belt, up to 4 dives per day on 5.5 days for the 7-night cruise
- 3 land excursions, service of naturalist guides/ dive masters
- Transfers in the Islands between airport and dock (on cruise dates)
ITINERARY7 Nights 8 Days
- Day 1 | San Cristobal
- Day 2 | Bartholeme
- Days 3 to 5 | Wolf & Darwin
- Day 6 | Isabela
- Day 7 | Isla Pinzon & Santa Cruz
- Day 8 | San Cristobal
Upon arrival the crew will familiarise you with the boat and carry out the procedures. We then cruise to the area of Los Lobos for your check-out dive. This will be your first experience of Galapagos sea lions and fur seals! Even on the first day you will start to get a taste of the diverse land formations which comprise the Galapagos Islands topside.
Bartolome is a beautiful area, with a multitude of photo opportunities, also where you can enjoy a land tour where you can climb to the top of the hill, where breathtaking views abound. Conditions permitting, snorkelling with penguins will be allowed.
Diving Wolf & Darwin
You’ll spend the next three days diving the legendary islands of Wolf and Darwin.
Arguably Wolf and Darwin are the best dive sites in the world. Whale sharks are common here from Mid-May through November. At The Arch at Darwin, you will see hammerhead sharks. Bottlenose dolphins are also common. The reef contains many species of fish found nowhere else in the Islands.
Darwin Island: Considered by many experienced divers as the very best dive site in the world, The Arch at Darwin fulfils its famous reputation. It is warmer by a few degrees than the central islands. In one single dive you can find schooling hammerhead sharks, Galapagos sharks, large pods of dolphins, thick schools of skipjack and yellow fin tuna, big eye jacks, mobula rays, and silky sharks. From June to November, it is possible to see whale sharks in numbers of up to eight different individuals. The occasional presence of tiger sharks, black and blue marlin, and killer whales make this a unique diving experience.
Wolf Island: A magical location, with several dive sites to choose from. If you want to see sharks, you have come to the right place. This is the place for schooling hammerhead sharks, large groups of Galapagos sharks, and if you are lucky, whale sharks. Seeing dolphins, large schools of tuna, spotted eagle rays, barracudas, sea lions and sea turtles is common. The bottom is littered with hundreds of moray eels, many of them free swimming. On a night dive here you will also be able to watch the red lipped bat fish walk along the bottom of the sea!
On the western side of Isabela Island, you can expect to see Galapagos penguins, marine iguanas, flightless cormorants, sea lions, seahorses, sea turtles, horn sharks, red lipped batfish, occasional hammerhead sharks and white tip sharks, and much more. Punta Vincente Roca steep, with its deep vertical wall covered in soft coral, sponges, and endemic black coral.
Isla Pinzon & Santa Cruz
Isla Pinzon is the perfect place to encounter a variety of species of sharks, sea lions, mantas, eagle rays, and moray eels, yellow tailed surgeonfish, king angelfish, moorish idols, steel pompanos, snappers, grunts, creole fish, octopus and barracuda. Then on to the highlands of Santa Cruz to see the Galapagos Tortoises in their natural environment; and a visit to Puerto Ayora.
Arrive at San Cristobal for a land excursion and visit the Interpretation Centre where an interesting history of Galapagos is presented, followed by a town walk.
Late morning departure to the airport for your return flight to the mainland
What Our Customers
• Although we thoroughly enjoyed the Galapagos it was mainland Ecuador which really took us by surprise with such a diversity of landscape and wildlife and incredible hospitality everywhere we went. Our local guides were so knowledgeable and helpful and our driver Manuel had a terrific sense of humour. We had some fantastic birding at both Mashpi, Le Selva and of course our day trip to Paz de Las Aves Reserve where we were lucky enough to see both the ‘Cock of the Rock’ and the giant antipitta. The devil nose train journey was as thrilling as we hoped and we even got lucky with Cotopaxi and got some lovely clear photos so all in all couldn't ask for more.
• This was an excellent trip from start to finish. Bellavista Lodge was a particular favourite of ours, so tranquil and a superb base to watch birds and wildlife while experiencing real Ecuadorian hospitality. Our guide, really knew his stuff and was so passionate about his job ,in fact all the local guides were excellent. I have to say a special word about Juan, our driver, who was so charming and funny, he really added to the overall enjoyment of the trip. The number and variety of birds we saw was amazing and I would have no hesitation in recommending Ecuador to other keen bird watchers.
Fantastic holiday with more wildlife than I was expecting. The Napo Wildlife Centre was wonderful, we were looked after with such care and attention and our guides’ knowledge of the areas’ and flora and fauna was outstanding, what they didn’t know probably wasn’t worth knowing. The food was so varied and they coped amazingly with my food intolerances, better than most European restaurants!!! Waking up to the sound of the howler monkeys will always live with me as will seeing my first Kinkajou, something I’ve wanted to see for a long time. Thank you for an amazing two weeks.
We had an amazing time in the Galapagos, thank you.We really enjoyed ourselves and will certainly come back to you next year.
How WILDFOOT creates your holiday Adventure
Talk to someone who knows. Our specialist consultants are here to help you every step of the way – here’s how..
Talk to a specialist
Visit the wildfoot website for inspiration on your choice of adventures and destinations, then call us and speak to one of our specialists for first hand advice. We can start the planning process straight away, if you are ready.
Create your personal
Your specialist consultant will set the ball rolling and work with you to choose the right itinerary (and the right ship, if you are going to the arctic or antarctic) just for you, to suit your requirements and budget.
Help right up
We will answer any questions about your trip that may arise and, when you have paid your balance (12-15 weeks prior to departure), we will send you your detailed itinerary and go through it with you.
We are still there for you even when you have left home – our partners overseas are there to assist, especially for emergencies and you can contact us at any time in the uk by e-mail or telephone.
Hand picked by the WILDFOOT experts...
we are sure we have the perfect trip for you!